There were several projects that Model undertook with the client:
Windows 10 upgrade. Model developed, tested, and implemented an enterprise-wide (1,000+ endpoints) Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade, from start to finish.
SCCM Migration and Upgrade. SCCM can run on virtual machines in Azure just as it runs on-premises within a data center. Model migrated the SCCM environment to the Azure Cloud, and in the process upgraded to the latest version.
Ongoing Server Patching. Patching servers effectively requires a standard deployment process according to known business rules. Model developed, tested, and implemented monthly server patching utilizing the newly upgraded SCCM.
GPO & Active Directory Cleanup. Model assisted county personnel with the cleanup, development, and deployment of GPO’s throughout the enterprise environment.
At every step, there was open and clear communication, both to prevent problems and to deal with any challenges as they arose.
Each project here had highly measurable goals attached to it, and all goals were met to the client’s satisfaction–indeed, some were even exceeded.
By upgrading and migrating SCCM, upgrading and standardizing windows, and taking care or server patching and Active Directory Maintenance, this county government was able to realize a number of benefits:
- Cybersecurity is now much better, with recent security updates in place, regular monthly patching, and appropriate GPOs. Security compliance is also easier to prove.
- Endpoints and servers are easier to support and troubleshoot.
- With Windows 10, continual upgrades are possible, making future upgrades easier.
- Manual installs have been dramatically reduced; applications can be packaged, configured, and deployed in just a few hours.
- Applications are now licensed correctly.
- New endpoints can now be rapidly deployed at any point in the network, even at remote offices or on mobile devices.
One staff member close to these projects remarked “Every interaction with Model was an exceptional experience.Their project management and highly skilled staff are what makes them a joy to work with… I would recommend Model to anyone that asked.”
UEMaaS for Local Governments and Governmental Organizations
We consider projects like the above to be a part of Unified Endpoint Management (UEM). Some of our clients here at Model have even called UEM the “Nirvana” of infrastructure management. Using a combination of well-designed automation tools and industry know-how, we can offer reliable, cost effective UEM on an ongoing monthly basis: UEMaaS.