Industry-Specific Case Studies
UEM is kind-of our thing, and we’ve spent years implementing custom UEM solutions across a variety of industries for the clients that we serve. And to give you an idea of what’s possible we’ve aggregated case studies for some of those different UEM implementations on this page.
Through these case studies, you’ll get an idea of exactly what benefits that UEM was able to provide for these companies so that you can decide for your own company whether a UEM solution is right for you.
Model helped one local government to implement a UEM solution and save time and money in the process. This local government agency was several versions behind in SCCM. They had different Windows builds deployed across their infrastructure and no overarching strategy to upgrade and standardize all machines.
This ultimately made administration difficult and time-consuming, especially regarding upgrades and troubleshooting. Also, Group Policy Objects were a mess and needed to be cleaned up.
This government contacted us initially to simply upgrade their SCCM. However, the quality of work provided quickly lead to developing a UEM partnership. As a result of this partnership:
- Cybersecurity is much better
- Security and compliance are now able to be proven
- There are seamless transitions with deploying devices
- Endpoints and servers are easier to support and troubleshoot
- Windows 10 Continuous Upgrades are possible, making future upgrades easier
- Manual installs are dramatically reduced
- Apps can be packaged, configured, and deployed in just a few hours
- New endpoints can be rapidly deployed even at remote offices
All goals were measurable and either met or exceeded the expectations of the client. “Every interaction with Model was an exceptional experience,” said one staff member, and Model continues to be a trusted UEM partner to this day.
Click here to read the full case study.
Fast Growing Healthcare Company
In healthcare, compliance and security are literally sometimes a life-and-death situation. If computers aren’t patched or attempt patching at the wrong time, delays can literally threaten the lives of those who are being treated as a result of inefficient technical performance.
For one fast-growing healthcare company, we designed a UEM solution to help them grow quickly and serve their customers. This company was rapidly adding endpoints to keep up with customer growth. A good problem to have; however, hiring qualified IT staff to keep up with this rapid growth quickly became difficult and expensive.
This quick-growth also lead to issues such as:
- SCCM wasn’t fully configured
- Inefficient routine infrastructure tasks threatened standardization and security
- Manual processes took far more time than the company could afford
- New machine deployment wasn’t standardized
- Compliance drift was common and subsequent security issues were a problem
Ultimately, in order to keep their critical infrastructure up and running, they turned to us. We helped them upgrade and develop best-practices for SCCM and managing their Windows 10 environment. We also:
- Provided Tier III support
- Mentored their internal engineer
- Relieved sys admins of mundane help desk updates and requests
- Refocused those admins on strategic and engaging projects
- Improved end user experience with easy-to-follow UIs and update instructions
- Provided estimated savings of $10,000 – $15,000 in resources
- Improved compliance and security
- Developed predictable and normalized process to deploy new machines and update software suites
In the end we saved them both time and money and established ourselves as a strategic partner for this company moving forward as they grew. One worker said that our engagement was “wonderful, superb,” and we continue to support them moving forward.
Click here to read the full case study.
Air Methods Emergency Healthcare Transport
With lives on the line every day, downtime simply isn’t an option for emergency transport services. We designed a UEM solution for one emergency transport companies who used air-based computers that were essential to receive dispatch and save lives.
When this company contacted us, however, their infrastructure was unacceptably unreliable. Manual maintenance of 300+ endpoints was putting a serious drain on their IT resources. Legacy servers were also struggling to work with new software, leaving them vulnerable to malware.
As a part of their custom UEM solution, we:
- Redesigned and rebuilt their SCCM
- Replaced their legacy management solution with an updated footprint
- Created a fresh set of standards to protect the company against cyberattacks and minimize bandwidth requirements
- Rebuilt their entire server infrastructure and added seven new servers
- Automated their software updates
As a result:
- Endpoint compliance is up to 90+% compliance and patching
- They have improved enablement
- Software adoption is faster
- Quicker, more thorough training of techs and end users is possible
Ultimately, we freed up Air Methods’ IT staff to focus on what matters most instead of dealing with the day to day maintenance of an infrastructure that needs to be automatically maintained. People’s lives depend on it.
Click here to read the entire case study.
A Global CPG Manufacturing Company
We helped one global CPG manufacturing leader to deploy Windows 10 and set up a UEM solution for future deployments. When this company approached us, they needed to upgrade their fleet of over 700 in-place computers to Windows 10. However, because of their global presence, many obstacles quickly became apparent:
Because of their global presence, they had endpoints all over the world such as in the EU, Egypt, and China.
- Policies were all over the map because of local management authority
- Many locations where they had endpoints suffered from lack of reliable or fast internet connection
- Upgrades had to be sensitive to local time zones
- Deployment had to be set up with little manual intervention from the IT team
Despite these challenges, we were able to upgrade their endpoints in a timely fashion without disruption. We:
- Created Windows 10 image and application packages, set up GPOs, and scheduled the roll out itself
- Tracked the total number of installs done and remaining and the number of application packages and total applications
- Instituted weekly reporting
- Kept track up upgrades moving forward
As a result of this new system, this company now has:
- Enhanced Windows 10 security features can now be used to protect data and devices
- A consistent set of configurations across endpoints
- Improved reliability
- Consistent reporting of compliance
- More centralized monitoring and updating of endpoints
Ultimately, we helped the company standardize, improve, and prepare their infrastructure both in the current moment and for future upgrades.
You can read the full case study here.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner is a global legal services firm that has 1400 lawyers across many continents.
When BCLP approached us, their OS refreshes were frequent and took several hours to complete. Also, simple tasks like logging in took up to five minutes every morning, resulting in 1400+ attorneys waiting around for their computers to start every single day, severely reducing productivity over the long-term.
To improve the efficiency of BCLP’s lawyers, we designed a custom UEM solution that we maintain for them to this day. We:
- Automated and standardized system updates to 3000+ endpoints
- Drastically reduced time required to perform updates and ensured OS updates took less than an hour
- Reduced startup time from 5 minutes to less than 3
These simple changes increased possible revenue by almost $3 million annually for BCLP and seriously reduced the man hours that their internal IT team required to maintain their global infrastructure.
Today, Model continues to manage BCLP’s:
- Infrastructure updates
- Application installs
- Software versioning
- Driver sets
- Hardware configurations
…all with industry-specific SLAs to ensure compliance required for legal services in various countries around the world.
Find Out If UEM Is Right For Your Company
One of the quickest ways to know if your company could benefit from UEM is to have a third-party contractor like Model Technology assess your current infrastructure maturity and provide you a report about where you are, what’s possible through UEM, how to get there, and the cost of doing so.
Through our UEM Maturity Assessment, we’ll assess your infrastructure through the lens of our proprietary Maturity Model. This assessment will show you exactly where your infrastructure holes and opportunities are so that you can make an informed decision where to pursue improving your endpoint management through UEM.
We’re currently offering the service free for qualifying customers. If your company fits these three qualifiers, you can receive the UEM maturity assessment free of charge:
- Over 1000 endpoints
- A private sector company
- Currently have SCCM or Microsoft Intune active in your infrastructure to some degree
If you’re interested in learning more about if UEM is a good fit for your company, learn more about our UEM assessment here.